Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Life's Journey Birthday Card

In today's blog I show you how to make a symbolic card. I want to include a message that talks about wisdom that allows you to know when to hit the fuel and when to hit the brake pedals. I want to address the fact that there are bridges worth crossing and others that are better left alone. My solution was a card that would depict the message visually so that it would reinforce the writing inside. Let me show you how to make this very easy card.


A view of the inside of the card.


I start by using a 12" x 12" scalloped sheet of card stock.


I divide the paper in half so it measure 6" x 12".


I then fold the card in half.


My card is now a square measuring 6" x 6".


I use a circle cutter to cut a circle of diameter 6 cm.



I cut a white frame slightly smaller than the red circle.


I then punch the age of the birthday boy out with my number punches.


I have now created a speed sign displaying the age that is being celebrated.


I need to cut a pole for the street sign. I do this from silver card stock.


Progress photo.


I punch the message for the birthday card out of silver and mount it on a red background.


I love that the letters run out of the background as the recipient is not someone who has allowed life to confine him to set perimeters.


I draw a simple silhouette of a beetle car on the back of the red paper. I like this car since it dates from around the second world war, which ended in 1945. See the play on 45?


I don't like the floating car and decide to add a road for it to travel on.


Simply cutting the lines on the road from white paper will be enough suggestion to imply a road.


It had to be a broken line which would once more be indicative of the personality of the recipient of the card. This is someone who has always been a little faster than most.


I now turn my attention to the inside of the card. There are three of us who will want to write personal messages in the card. I therefore add three white spaces for theses. I then cut a simple bridge on pillars from strips of white paper. I draw three freehand vehicles, minute in size, to fit on the bridge to make it more clear that it is a bridge.


Progress photo.


The completed card on the outside.


My message included on the inside.


For more crafty ideas and great products, visit APrettyTalent.com.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to this blog and receive regular updates by email by simply registering your email address at the top of the current blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment