Search This Blog

Saturday 4 August 2018

Square Bag With A Sling: Painting The Dancers Part 4 of 4

For the past three blogs we have been looking at how to go about making the Square Art Bags with their slings. In the last blog we looked at how to paint the designs for those shopping ladies on one of the bags. In this blog I will show you how to draw and paint the dancers on the last of these bags.


I start by painting the two pieces for the main panels Dusty Pink, using Dala Fabric Paint.


Once the background is dry, I fix the colour by ironing it with a hot iron.


I use Dala Acrylic Ink and a dip pen to draw the head and neck of the figure on the fabric.


I then draw the head of the male companion, along with the outline of his body and shoulders.


I complete the drawing by drawing in the lady's arm and dress.


I then pain the dress red.


I paint the hair on both figures black and add black outlines to the male figure.


I then iron the picture to fix the colour.


The second picture is also started at the head of the female figure.


This is followed by her arms and dress.


I then start the male figure at the hat and head. I add his shoulders and the outline of his body. Lastly I add the guitar.


I pain the dress and hat red.


The woman's hair is painted black. I also add splashes of black to the male figure.


When the paint is dry, I fix the colour by ironing it with a hot iron.


This is what the bag looks like inside once constructed.


This is one side of the bag.


This is the other side of the bag.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment