Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Cardmaking - Making An Underwater Scene Card

In today's blog, I will share some steps for making a birthday card for a little boy. I chose the underwater scene theme because of his fascination with sea creatures. This card is very simple to make as I used a page from my colouring book to make it and then simply added a couple of surprise elements to make it a little more interesting. Be sure to scroll down to see the surprises inside the card as well.


I tore a page from one of my adult colouring books and coloured it for sheer joy and pleasure.


This is what it looked like when I was done.


I then neatly trimmed the edges of the page.


I found a matching sheet of A3 cardboard.


I taped some shiny tape down one edge of the cardboard.


Then I folded the other end of the cardboard over up to the tape.


I then taped the top edge of the side that was folded over with the same tape.


I applied double-sided tape to the back of the colouring picture.


Then I stuck the picture down on the front of the card.


I also had two smaller fishes that came from an A5 colouring book, that I had coloured earlier.


These were carefully cut away from their background.


I applied double-sided tape to the back of the fishes.


I stuck the fishes down on the inside of the card.


I then used embellishments to accentuate the eyes of my sea creatures.


I also found a rhinestone embellishment in the form of an anchor in my stash.


The anchor was stuck down on the inside of the card.


I then used colouring pencils to draw the 'whiskers' of the fish.


I used a grey pencil to create shadows to the fish.


The inside of the card when finished.


The outside of the card once finished.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment