Search This Blog

Sunday 12 August 2018

Bag With A Sling: Painting Blue Fashion Models For The Bag Part 3 of 6

In the past two blogs I have shared tips with you for creating an Art Bag with a sling. What makes these bags fascinating is the art panels that are the focal points on the bags. In today's blog I will show you how to paint the two fashion models in blue, as they appear on one of the bags.


I start by painting the backgrounds of the centre panels peach.


I allow the paint to dry and then I fix the colour to the fabric by ironing it with a hot iron.


I use Dala Acrylic Ink in black and a dip pen with a medium point to draw the tunic of the first figure.


I add a hand and the legs and feet.


I then add a clutch bag and the head.


I don't want the paint to appear solid and therefore start with white where the light will reflect off the clothes. I use Dala Fabric Paint.


The blue is painted over the white.


Then the rest of the tunic is also painted blue.


The shoes and bag are painted black, along with the sunglasses. Do not paint these solid black as they will reflect light. The hair is painted dark brown.


The body is touched with a light pink.


The final picture.


I start the second figure at the body and add the arm and hand.


I then add the skirt, legs and feet.


The head is added lastly.


I once again start with white highlights.


I then use the blue to fill in the skirt.


The shoes are painted black and the hair dark brown.


The body is touched with pale pink.


The final picture.


Here is a view of the bag when it is constructed. This is the inside of the bag.


One side of the bag.


The other side of the bag.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment