Search This Blog

Friday 17 August 2018

Cardmaking - Making The Masterpiece Card

In today's blog, I show you how to make a special card for that creative person in your life, to encourage them to give it their best shot when embarking on a course. I used a page I coloured for a recent competition as the main theme of the card, taking great care to mount it properly. I show you how to make this simple card in today's blog.


Start by selecting a picture that speaks to you about the person you are designing for, and colour it in the colours of your choice.


Select an appropriate background to use as the card. I used an A3 sized sheet of cardboard for my background.


Carefully cut out your picture.


Fold the card in half and double check to make sure that your picture fits on the card.


I also cut some other elements out for the card.


I the played around with various sheets of A4 paper to use as mounting board for the picture.


I cut the first sheet of mounting paper 1/2 cm smaller, on two sides.


The second sheet of mounting paper was cut 1/2 cm smaller that the first, on two sides.


I applied double-sided tape to the backs of the mounting paper.


I then laid the two sheets of paper on top of each other, followed by the design. Everything was stuck down with a combination of double-sided tape and glue.


This was then mounted onto the card.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment