Search This Blog

Monday 12 November 2018

Cardmaking with Cricut & Stamps

It has been years since I have had space to unpack and use my Cricut machine. The result of which is that I had to refresh myself on exactly how the machine works. I found it was like riding a bike; slow going at first, but I soon got the hang of it again. I cut four sheets of 12" x 12" papers which I will be converting into projects over the next few blogs. For today's blog, I use only one of the shapes to make a card. I combine this with some very simple stamping. I borrowed this idea from Pinterest.


I selected a number of pictures on the Cricut Expression 2, filling a whole page.


I then cut these designs on four different paper sheets.


Carefully lift the designs and residue paper away from the cutting mat.


This was what I was left with after all the designs had been cut out.


I then used another 12" x 12" monotone craft paper. I cut this in half to serve as the card.


I folded the cut paper in half so that I was left with a 6" x 6" card.


I then used double-sided tape to stick the bodice of a dress, which was cut with the Cricut machine, to the card.


I drew the outline of a skirt to the bodice, using a pencil and ruler.


I then found a stamp set with small flowers to use to stamp a pattern on the skirt.


I selected one of the flowers in the set to use. I also used Pumice Stone Distress Ink, by Tim Holtz.


I stamped random flowers onto the skirt.


I selected a second flower motif.


I filled in the spaces with this motif.


Then I selected a tiny flower motif.


I filled in smaller gaps with this stamp.


I carefully erased the pencil lines of the skirt.


I randomly applies glue dots to the open spaces on the skirt.


I stuck rhinestones on the glue dots.


Then I used some strips of paper, which I salvaged from the cut-out papers, to glue three strips to the top of the card.


I glued two more strips to the side of the card.


This card was finished in next to no time.


You can also watch a short compilation video of these steps on YouTube by following this link:
https://youtu.be/OFH5eEVi2Yg


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment