Search This Blog

Friday 23 November 2018

Cardmaking: Heart-Air Balloon with Cricut

I made today's card while I was waiting for the members of my home cell to arrive. It was done with the cutouts I had made with the Cricut Expressions 2, earlier, which I have been blogging about for a while now. Little did I know, that the message I wrote on the card would become central to the evenings proceedings. In the end, I sent the card home with one of the home cell members, with the instructions to write her own story inside - a new definition of herself. I share the steps for making this card with you.


This was the layout that I selected to cut on the Cricut Expressions 2 cutting machine.


 I cut the first sheet of 12" x 12" paper.


Carefully lift the extra paper away and/or remove the cutouts from the cutting mat.


I then cut the second sheet of paper.


This is what the designs look like when the extra paper is removed.


The third sheet of paper was fed into the Cricut.


The last sheet of paper was also cut.


When I was done, this was what my collection of cutouts looked like.


I used four hearts, each cut from a different patterned paper, for today's project.


I fold two of the hearts in half.


I apply a thin line of glue to the fold on the two hearts.


Then I stick the two folded hearts onto the two remaining hearts.


I then find a sheet of blue A4 sized cardboard.


I fold the cardboard in half to serve as a card.


I then use double-sided tape to glue the two hearts to the card, on different heights.


I use a white paint marker to draw the outline of two clouds where the hearts are.


I then use a white Posca marker with a thicker point to 'colour' the two clouds.


I use a black marker to draw in two hot-air balloons with a rope connecting them to each other.


I then use the white and black markers to write the words "You raise me UP to reach new heights." on the card.


The completed card.


You can also watch a compilation video of these steps on YouTube: https://youtu.be/HdH39ZoIKFQ


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment