Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Art Journal: Praise Him!

Today I once again became aware of how much our Father does for us, how much Jesus has sacrificed so that we could approach our Father without hesitation, and the presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit, who strengthens us, gives us peace, and teaches us of love. The art journal blog I compiled is a result of the awe I felt at these thoughts which inspired me to praise Him.


Start the project on black paper with a white pencil.


I start on the face of my figure.


I then fill in the hair and body.


The outline of a guitar is drawn on the side.


On the opposite page, I draw a figure playing the violin.


I then add journalling all over the page, running in different directions:
To You belong all praise and honour into eternaty.
I will praise Him with all of my heart, sing psalms to His honour.
I want to praise Him with all of my heart!
Come, let us praise the Lord!
Let all the earth praise Him jubilantly!


I then used soft pastel pencils to start colouring the hair.


I moved on to the face.


I added detail to both the hair and face.


I moved on to the rest of the body and the remaining strands of hair.


I now directed my attention to the clothing.


The guitar received only a little bit of colour.


I sprayed both pages with fixative to prevent the pastels form smudging.


The completed journal pages.


You can also watch a compilation video of the steps in this blog here: https://youtu.be/u6_6DK-NWxs


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment