Search This Blog

Thursday 8 November 2018

Art Journal: Fishers of Men

It occurred to me today that I sometimes get so busy living an everyday mundane life, that I allow this to swamp the Life I am actually aiming for, and that is eternal life in Jesus. We do need to check every so often if we are not perhaps too busy with the things of this world. Take a step back and reconsider your own priorities today, when I take stock of mine. While we're at it, let's remind ourselves that we are also supposed to make time to do some fishing, especially the kind that catches men for God.


We start today's project on black paper with a white chalk pencil.


Start by drawing the face.


Add the hair, neck and shoulders.


Add the clothing.


I then decided to change the eyes somewhat and returned to the face.


Draw two hooked fish on the opposite page.


My drawings are now in place.


I colour the first fish with a combination of soft pastel bars, soft pastel stencils, a charcoal pencil and the white chalk pencil.


The second fish gets the same treatment.


I then use the charcoal pencil to add detail to the fish.


I spray this page with fixative to prevent it from smudging while I'm working on the opposite page.


On this page, I start with the clothing and the neck and shoulders of the figure.


I use the same colours on the face of the figure. Then I use the charcoal pencil to add detail to the drawing.


Lastly, I colour the hair.


It is time to give this page a treatment with fixative to prevent smudging.


I now use a white paint marker to jot down my thoughts.


Here is what I've written: "Life matters. But, so does eternal life. Do not become so wrapped up in living that you neglect taking care of the next life. We have been called to be fishers of men. Perhaps it is time to go fishing once again. - Miekie"


The completed layout.


You can also watch a short compilation video of the steps above here:
https://youtu.be/TQxTKqxPaQQ


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment