Search This Blog

Sunday 28 August 2016

Cardmaking: Welcoming A Baby Girl

Friends of mine recently welcomed their first little baby into the world. This was the ideal opportunity for me to make this newcomer a special card for her memory box. I love giving cards to babies, even though they can't read them. When they are older, they can discover them for themselves and know that they were a joy and blessing right from the start. I took the design for this card from my book filled with 50 great designs for arts and crafts projects, aptly titled Designs by Miekie 1. Simply click on the title to hop over to Amazon.com, where the book is available for download as an ebook. Or stay right where you are and let me show you how to create this cute card.


I use cardstock that has pink on one side and blue on the other, to make today's card.


I trim the card to measure 17 cm x 25 cm.


When I fold the card over, I make sure to leave 1 cm of the blue showing at the front of the card.


I then crop a sheet of printer paper to fit inside the cover of the card.


I use one of the designs from my book, Designs by Miekie 1, for the illustration of the card. Depending on your device, you may be able to copy and print the design, instead of having to redraw it, if you wish.


I opted to redraw the design in pencil.


When I was sure about the pencil deisgn, I redrew it again in black marker.


I then used Derwent Inktense pencils to colour the design.


I kept the colouring very simple, as it is reminiscent of a child's coloring.


I then very loosely cut around the design. You may want to cut along the lines. This is a matter of personal choice.


The drawing was then stuck onto the card with glue.


I used a couple of flower embellishments on the outside of the card. In the blue line, I glued a row of tiny pink buttons which would be visible whether the card is open or closed. All that was left to add was a personal message. I wrote this in the form of a prayer, as it contains the blessing that I prayed over this little girl's life.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy the books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to this blog and receive regular updates by email by simply registering your email address at the top of the current blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment