Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Turning your Adult Coloring Pictures into Cards 2

I have shown you one option for making cards with your adult coloring pages and today I will show you another. I had an off-cut left from one of my coloring pages after using half of it in another project. Even off-cuts can still be used as I will show you in today's blog.


The off-cut I had to work with measured 6" x 5". This made it ideal to use on a card made from 12" x 12" craft paper. You should really check out the variety of available coloring books for adults on the shelves these days!


I cut a 12" x 12" monochrome craft sheet in two so that it measured 12" x 6". I used a metal ruler and craft knife for this purpose.


I folded the card in half. I then used double-sided tape to position and attach the off-cut to the middle of my card.


I now cropped coordinating A4 paper to measure 5" x 10".


This page was folded in half. I then applied double-sided tape right next to the spine and attached it to the inside of the card. This would become the space I would write my message on.


I used some of the smaller pictures I have colored in to decorate the inside of the card.


I then used one of my Derwent Coloring pencils and a ruler to draw a border/frame around the outside of the card. This simply gave it a more finished appearance.


I was satisfied with the inside of the card at this stage and turned my attention back to the outside of the card.


I found some lovely ribbon and cut two strips of 6" each.


I used the ribbon to frame my off-cut picture and then put dollops of glue on the picture before sticking some wire butterflies in place. In a few quick steps I have managed to create a lovely card from objects found around the house. Why don't you do the same and post some photos of your own cards.


For more crafty ideas and great products, visit APrettyTalent.com.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to this blog and receive regular updates by email by simply registering your email address at the top of the current blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment