Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 September 2019

Sewing a Floral Skirt

I recently walked into a fabric shop just a block away from where I live and was wonderfully surprised to discover that they were having a sale on a large selection of their fabrics. I overindulged myself in the sheer luxury on display and left the shop with two bulging bags of potential pleasure. I immediately set to work and cut this fun floral skirt from one of the lengths of fabric I had bought. I show you how to sew this simple pattern yourself in today's blog.


I used the skirt pattern from this Simplicity pattern to cut the skirt from.


I ironed vilene onto the waistband.


Then I overlocked all of the seams.


I folded the waistband in half and sewed the two ends closed.


I added a button to one end.


I sewed a buttonhole at the other end.


I then sewed the centre back seam and inserted a zipper.


I used a quick-unpick tool to open the seam over the zipper.


I sewed the pockets into the side seams.


I pinned all around the pockets and down the side seams, before sewing the side seams. I also sewed the centre front seam.


The I pinned the Skirt to the waistband.


I sewed the waistband onto the skirt.


I overlocked the hem of the skirt.


I pinned and sewed a rolled hem for the skirt.


Sewing the hem.


That concluded the sewing of the skirt.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/QOxS8Fnmj58


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment