Search This Blog

Sunday 22 September 2019

Card Making: Feast on Life

Today I am making a birthday card for someone who has the ability to feast on life - to suck the marrow out of it, if you will. This card combines an interesting array of techniques, including layering, decoupage, drawing, inking, and more. The article has step by step instructions for creating your own card.


I start the project on one of these index cards.


I paint the card with Dala Student Acrylic Paint.


Once the paint is dry, I cover the card with Dala Acrylic Gel Medium.


I then lay a paper doily on top of the gel medium and lather another layer of the gel medium over this to seal it.


Once dry, I trim the edges even.


I then ink the whole surface to give it a golden shimmer. I use Crystal Craft Ink for this.


I then use Mont Marte Adult Colouring Duo Markers to draw some macaroons on the card.


Remember to add a shadow to the macaroons, or they will appear to be floating.


I use 3D squares to mount a die-cut word that says 'feast' on the card.


The index card is now prepared and ready to be mounted on the actual birthday card.


I decide to use pink cardboard for the card.


I use a bone folder to fold the cardboard in half.


I have saved this beautiful piece of cardboard packaging after a recent purchase. I decide to add this to the card, re-purposing it, in the process, instead of simply discarding it.


I crop the packaging cardboard with a Dala Craft knife and a steel ruler.


I crop a dark shade of magenta paper to fit the card as well.


I then use double-sided tape to layer the card.


I use Tombow glue to add some fabric flower embellishments on the side.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/2hdF2QHNRIA


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment