Search This Blog

Saturday 28 September 2019

Card Making: For the Love of Music

We are making yet another card for today's blog, but this time I wish to celebrate life with a musician. I have settled on the theme that is closest to their heart and make use of a single stamp set to do both stamping, as well as printing on the Gelli Plate. This was a rather interesting process and I am happy to share it with you in today's blog.


I start the card on one of these index cards, so that I can pull a print off the Gelli Plate.


This is the Gelli Plate I will be using.


I start the card on a Gelli Plate that has already been used, but I will let this work to my advantage. I dollop some Bianjo Acrylic Paint on the Gelli Plate and spritz it with water to dilute it.


I use a brayer to spread the paint over the Gelli Plate.


I use this stamp set from Chizwick on the Gelli Plate.


I mount the stamps on a Chizwick mounting plate.


Then I stamp the images into the wet paint.


It leaves a very feint impression in the paint.


I brayer an index card onto the plate.


This is the print I pull off the Gelli Plate.


I cut a quote from a small book I have, titled The Sherlock Holmes Miniature Book of Quotations.


In order to make it look distressed, I tear the edges around the quote and then ink it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


I mount it on the card with 3D tape.


I draw small musical notations as a border pattern around the index card, using a Rolfes Metallic Marker.


My index card looks like this when I am done, and I can now mount it on the actual card.


I find a paper to matt the index card on. This comes from the Reflect paper pad.


I crop the paper to the desired size, using a metal ruler and a Dala Craft Knife.


I then use a M&W bone folder to fold a sheet of white cardboard in half.


I mount the index card to the white card with double-sided tape.


I will be using the same Chizwick stamp set with Tim Holtz Distress Ink to do some stamping on the card.


I again use the Chizwick stamp block to stamp with.


This is what the completed card looks like.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/ziWqK0OOCe8


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment