Search This Blog

Thursday 12 September 2019

Card Making: Finding Love

Today we are going to be making a card in which we celebrate the discovery of a new-found love. I start this product on an index card, design it on a Gelli Plate, impress an image onto it with cake decorating tools and then add the final touches. Let me show you how you can do something similar without much effort.


I start on the ruled side of one of these A6 index cards.


I will be using a Gelli Plate to create the card.


I have already been crafting for a while when I start with this card. I do not bother with cleaning the Gelli Plate first and simply drop a dollop of paint on the plate. I use acrylic paint by Iris. I spritz the paint with water to dilute it slightly.


I brayer the paint all over the plate and then use one of my fondant cutter images to lightly press an image into the wet paint.


The image is barely visible, but still present.


I then brayer an index card onto the Gelli Plate.


When I pull the index card away, the image had been transferred to the card.


I then cut a quote from a tiny booklet I have, called Die Klein Aanhalingsboekie.


I ink the quote gold with my Crystal Craft Ink Pad.


I add a border of hearts and a lined border to the quote, using a Rolfes Metallic Marker.


I mount the quote to the card with 3D double-sided tape.


I then find a die-cut from Art by Marlene's Signature Collection.


I mount this to the card with 3D squares.


The index card now looks like this and I am ready to turn this into a card.


I decide to mat the index card onto black cardboard and then to mat everything onto a white card.


I use a bone folder to fold the card.


I use a craft knife and metal ruler to crop the matting paper to the correct size.


I use double-sided tape to adhere the layers to each other.


I then use a VersaMagic Ink Pad and clear stamps by Creative Talents.


I mount the stamp to a Chiswick bloc to stamp the image onto the card.


I use a Faber-Castell Pitt Pen to draw a stitched border around the outside of the card.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/IWtL9PZoaAE


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment