Search This Blog

Thursday 26 September 2019

Card Making: Courage in God

For today's blog, I decided to make an encouraging card. We all have friends who are loosing hope, or seem to have lost their faith, or direction. A card like this might be just what they need, to remind them that they are not alone, that someone has taken notice, and most importantly, that someone cares about them. I show you how I went about this in the hopes of sparking your own creativity with which to encourage your own friends.


I start the card on one of these A6 Index Cards.


I will also use a Gelli Plate to pull a print onto the card.


My Gelli Plate is not clean when I start the project, but this is no problem. I place a dollop of Iris Acrylic Paint on the Gelli Plate and spritz it with water to dilute it.


I brayer the paint onto the Gelli Plate.


I use fondant cutters to impress images into the wet paint. I wiggle them slightly to make the lines appear bolder.


The Gelli Plate looks like this when I remove the fondant cutters.


I brayer the index card onto the Gelli Plate.


This is the print I pull away from the Gelli Plate.


I cut a quote from a tiny booklet I have, called Miniboekie om te Inspireer.


I crop the quote.


I make a dotted border around the edges of the index card, using a Rolfes Metallic Marker.


I use 3D tape to mount the quote to the card.


The index card now looks like this.


I fold an A4 sized sheet of white cardboard in half, using a bone folder. This will form the base card that I mount the index card on.


I use a metal ruler and a Sharpie Marker to draw a frame around the edges of the card. I then use double-sided tape to adhere the index card to the main card.


I then use this stamp set by K-Craft, along with a VersaMagic Ink Pad to stamp some images on the card.


I use a Chizwick block to mount the stamp on.


The completed card looks like this.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/wH_ecsFklrc


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment