Search This Blog

Sunday 1 September 2019

Card Making: Living Life to the Full

I love this series of cards that I am in the process of developing. They have at their heart the enjoyment of life. Today's card celebrates a life that is lived to capacity. It is intended for someone who has the ability to suck the marrow out of life. I use my Gelli Plate to prepare the surface of the card and then I make some molds with my hot glue gun to embellish the card. These are just some of the tricks I have up my sleeve for this project.


I start the card on one of these index cards.


I will be using my Gelli Plate for the surface preparations.


I started the project with silver acrylic paint from Zellen's acrylic range, Zelcryl. The Gelli Plate had remnants from a previous project on it when I started.


I wrote some numbers in the wet paint with a ball tool.


I decided to use a 'flopped' card from a previous attempt and to simply continue working on it.


I pressed the card onto the plate.


I pulled this print away from the plate.


I took a qoute from a tiny book titled Die Klein Aanhalingsboek.


This is the page I favoured.


I cropped the page with a scalpel and steel ruler.


I then decided to mount the sentiment on an embossed background.


I slipped some paper into the KaizerCraft embossing folder.


Then I stacked my sandwich.


This is what my paper looked like when I took it from my Go Cut & Emboss machine.


I used this embossed paper on a number of projects and cropped it to size.


I mounted my sentiment with double-sided tape.


I had made some figurines with my hot glue gun in a fondant mold. I popped these out.


I coloured the figurines with a Rolfes Metallic Marker.


I glued them to the card with Tombow glue.


My completed index card.


I used a bone folder to fold an A4 sheet of orange cardboard in half to form a card.


I cropped some black cardboard to size to be used as matting for the index card.


I matted the pieces together with double-sided tape.


I used a tearing ruler and a Faber-Castell Pitt Pen to rule a scalloped border around the card.


I used Tombow glue to add rhinestones and fabric embellishments to the card.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/7r_JUTXUjAE


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment