Search This Blog

Monday 2 September 2019

Card Making: Living Life Spontaneously

Today sees us making a very simple Thank You card. It is intended for someone who walks alongside us and who adds a bit of spontaneity and sparkle to our lives. The card is a very simple one and after creating the index card, we restrict ourselves to a little stamping fun to finalize the card.


I start the project on one of these index cards.


I will be using my Gelli Plate for the surface preparations.


I had been working with my Gelli Plate for a while and I handed the project over to a friend who was visiting and had been watching what I was doing with mounting curiosity. She opted to use the Fluorescent acrylic paint colours from Iris.


The transparent colours almost disappeared when she brayered them and she added more opaque colours.


The colours still faded and she added some Titanium White.


She brayered only very slightly.


She liked the figures I had been using and wished to use this set of cake decorating supplies.


She placed the figures on the Gelli Plate.


She favoured the hearts that came with this set.


The hearts were added to the plate.


This is what it looked like when she pulled the shapes away.


She pressed the card onto the Gelli Plate.


Sadly, the print did not come out very successful. We put it aside.


She used the same colours as before, but in greater amounts.


The same stencils were used.


The same index card was placed on the plate.


The image was still very feint.


I advised her to put a clean card on the plate and to take a second print of the same image.


This time the image was much clearer.


I took a quote from a book by Phil Bosman, titled 'n Tuin van Vriendskap.


This is the sentiment I favoured for this card.


I cropped it with a scalpel and metal ruler.


I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


I lightly rubbed over the embossed image to stain it.


I then layered my elements on my card with double-sided tape.


I made some embellishments in my silicone molds with my hot glue gun.


I also made a heart-shaped embellishment.


Once set, I popped the molds out.


I coloured them with a Rolfes Metallic Marker.


I glued them to the card with Tombow Glue.


I drew a frame around the card with the Rolfes marker.


My completed index card.


I used a bone folder to fold a white A4 sheet of cardboard in half to form a card.


I used double-sided tape to adhere the index card to the white card.


I used the marker to draw a frame around the white card.


I used K-Craft acrylic stamps and a Crystal Craft Ink Pad to stamp some images onto the card.


I used a Chizzwick mount to stamp with.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/vjfvyA-K-00


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment