Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Sewing An Easy Top

After having sewn a pair of pants, based on a pattern from an old pair of pajamas, I had only enough fabric left to make the top as well. Even though this wasn't originally my idea, I decided that fate had spoken and I proceeded to make the top. I will probably never wear the two items together, but separately, they are very pretty. I show you how to make this top in a few easy steps in today's blog.


I cut the top apart and laid the pieces out on the fabric so I could make myself a top from it.


Pin the shoulders and sew.


Pin the sleeves to the arms and sew.


Pin the side seams and sew.


Pin a rolled hem for the sleeves.


Hem the sleeves.


Folder a bigger rolled hem for the shirt and sew.


Pin bias binding all around the neck opening.


Sew the bias binding onto the top.


Fold the bias binding back and pin to the inside of the top.


Sew the bias binding by hand.


The completed top.


You can watch a compilation video of the steps above, on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/M6TALdWW-us


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment