Search This Blog

Thursday 17 January 2019

Art Journal: Love Each Other

As an outsider, someone who is not in a committed relationship with another person, I often look at the relationships people have with their life partners, and I can not help being amazed at how simple the 'fixes' seem to be, and yet how difficult they appear to be to implement. In today's art journal blog, I muse over this.


I once again start the journal on black paper with a white pencil.


I put the basic lines in place.


Then I journal my thoughts on the opposite page. I also draw two daisies, one of which is losing its petals, with the words 'he loves me, he loves me not,' written at the petals. The rest of the journaling reads like this:
"Respect one another. Love one another... A man must love his wife. A wife should respect her husband."
"Why is it that we find these simple commands so hard to practice? Why do we live in friction, or even opposition to these?"
"How easy it is to love someone who respects you! Hoe effortless it is to respect someone who loves you. Which comes first - love or respect? Let us not wait on each other. If we wish to be loved, let us sow respect. Likewise, if we wish to be respected, let us sow love."


I then use soft pastels and a charcoal pencil to colour the face on the right.


Then I colour the face on the left.


I spray the journal entry with artist's fixative to prevent it from smudging.


The completed journal entry.


You can watch a short compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/rvg3yl2_3VQ


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment