Search This Blog

Saturday 19 January 2019

Art Journal: Praise not, stones!

In Luke 19:40 Jesus tells His critics that if the people did not shout out His praises, then the stones would do so. Today I once again became aware of just how much we owe God and how very dependent we are on Him. My soul burst out in praise inside of me as these thoughts crossed my mind and I decided to devote today's Art Journal entry to this.


As is the case most often, I start on black paper with a white pencil.


I draw the outlined impression of a man playing the cello.


I do my journalling on the opposite page, and fill the open spaces with musical notation. The journal entry reads like this:
"I shall raise my voice in praise. I shall raise my voice in jubilation. I shall sing to the glory and honour of God, our Father and King. Let no stone ever feel the need to break its silence and shout to God's glory in my presence."
"God is good all the time. He put a song of praise in this heart of mine. God is good all the time. God is good. God is good. All the time."


I then use soft pastels and a charcoal pencil to colour the image of the cellist.


I treat the pages with Artist's Fixative to prevent it from smudging.


The completed journal entry.


You can watch a short compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/_roWkdrzzfk


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment