Search This Blog

Sunday 13 January 2019

Paint a Sailor Girl in Acrylics 2/2

In the previous blog I showed you how to paint a pouting sailor girl in acrylics. This is actually a set of two paintings I did for the sheer fun of it. In today's blog, I paint the second girl in the set of two.


I started the painting on this rough circular background made of un-sanded planks.


I drew the sailor in charcoal.


I then painted gesso on all the parts that would be painted, leaving the rest of the canvas as is.


I painted the hair a warm red.


I added a neutral flesh.


I painted the white areas in Titanium white.


I painted all of the blue areas.


I painted the lips bright red.


I added black to the lips and eyes.


I added shade to the blue areas with a darker blue. I also some of this on the white areas.


I added highlights to the skin.


I added shadows to the skin.


I then added detail to the lips.


I changed the shade of the eyes ever so slightly.


I added detail to the eyes, as well as to add highlights to the lips.


I brought dark brown streaks into the hair.


I added a lighter shade of brown as well as some yellow ochre, to the hair.


Then I added deep shadows to the hair with a blueish purple.


The completed painting.


The two paintings side by side.


You can watch a short compilation video of these steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/vbgICG-m03o


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment