Search This Blog

Friday 1 March 2019

Cardmaking: Ink - Romantic Stroll

Today we take a romantic stroll in the rain. This time I use ink to paint the painting, before turning it into a card. I finish the card with some rhinestones and an embellishment of a cat.


I start my painting on a sturdy sheet of A3 watercolour paper. I use Dala Acrylic Ink in Black and a dip pen.


I quickly draw the picture I wish to paint.


I will be using Derwent Inktrense Blocks to pain the picture.


I use my Aqua brush and pain the black sections of the painting first.


Then I paint the pink sections of the painting.


I pain the lady's hair and add light to the lamp.


The finished painting.


I find coordinating paper and cardboard to make the card.


I fold the cardboard in half to form the card.


I crop the matting paper and the painting to the required size.


Stick the painting to the matting.


Stick the matted painting to the card.


Add some rhinestone embellishments.


I found this chic cat in my stash and decided that it would go well with this page.


The completed project.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/w2XCN8sXE10


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment