Search This Blog

Sunday 3 March 2019

Product Review: Mont Marte Adult Colouring Duo Markers

I recently bought myself some Mont Marte Adult Coloring Duo Markers as a treat. I specifically had in mind that I wanted to use these in my ventures into Bible Journaling. In today's blog, I review these markers to see what I can do with them. I then colour an actual adult colouring picture to test them for their intended purpose. Read on to see where they disappointed and proved to impress. For good measure, I then show you how to turn the coloured-in page into a card.


I love the packaging on these markers. The layout makes it very easy to find the right colour.


I wanted to know how wet the markers were. I blew through a straw onto the tip of one marker. The lovely wet ink, sprayed in a fine mist over the page below.


I then proceeded to test all of the colours, making sure to use both the fine point ends, as well as the brush ends.


Then I scribbled on the page and wet it with my aqua brush. The ink was definitely water-soluble.


The fine point mixed even better than the brush tip.


I found it very easy to mix new colours with the markers. At a later stage, I found a plastic palette and scribbled on it with two different colours, like blue and yellow. I managed to mix a brilliant green, which I could pick up with a brush and paint on paper.


It was evident that the markers lent itself to shading.


An overview of the test.


I then decided to put the pens to the use that the name laid claim to - adult colouring.


I started with a single colour.


In the next step, I shaded it.


Again, a first colour.


Shading added.


The purples.


More greens.


Oranges.


Even more greens.


Reds.


The blues.


A mixture of colours.


More mixed colours.


Brown thorns added to the pineapple.


Reds and a brown on the apples.


Back to the greens.


Some pinks and purple.


The fine points of the pinks and purple.


Some of the paler colours.


Not a bad result at all. I do have to admit that one of the points on one of the markers were frayed by the end of this first project already. Some more points would follow in the days to follow. The ink is brilliant, but the brush points are really poor quality. I have had similar Faber-Castell Pitt Artists Pens with brush tips for years, that I use often in the same manner, and their tips show no signs of wear and tear. I was bitterly disappointed to find these tips such poor quality. I hardly think it is worth the money spent, if the brush tips are going to have such a short life span.


I used a pink pencil to colour the background.


I blended the colouring pencil with Rubbing Alcohol.


I decided that I wanted to turn the picture into a card. This ends the product review part of the blog. Continue on if you would like to see how I turned this into a card.


I found some coordinating paper and cardboard.


I folded the cardboard in half to use as a card.


I then cropped a pale purple sheet of paper with a tearing ruler. Wet the tear line with water.


Tear the paper away slowly and methodically.


Ink the edges of the paper.


Use double-sided tape to secure this page to the inside of the card.


Crop the bright purple page to fit the card.


Secure it to the card with double-sided tape.


Use a pair of scissors to cut the excess paper away from the coloured picture.


Glue the picture to the matting.


Glue some paper flowers to the corners.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/tq9m57Rf5Go


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment