Search This Blog

Thursday 21 March 2019

Cardmaking - Using Embossed Stamping

Believe it or not, I have never done embossed stamping. I figured it was high time I tried my hand at this ages old craft and bought myself some embossing powder, as well as white stamp ink. I then experimented with the technique and decided to turn the experiment into a very simple card. I share the two methods I used, with you in today's blog.


We need an A4 sheet of cardboard to use as a card.


Fold this sheet of cardboard in half to form a card.


I then measured the stamp I wished to use and cut a piece of plain printer paper to the same size.


I mounted the stamp I wished to use and rubbed it with the white ink.


I stamped the image on the white  paper, but it was not visible, as both the paper and the ink was white. The embossing powder would assist in making the image visible.


I generously coated the image in embossing powder. Then I shook the powder off onto a clean paper sheet, which I used as a funnel to return the powder to the container. I do not own a heat gun, so I went to the bedroom, where I blasted the image with warm air from my hairdryer. That melted the glue in the powder and gave the image a slightly silvery shimmer.


When I rubbed Tim Holtz Distress Ink over the image, it finally became visisble.


I glued this piece of paper to the bottom of the card.


I then mounted a number of stamps, rubbed them with the same green distress ink that I used at the bottom, and stamped the images onto the top of the card.


I generously strew embossing powder over the stamped images. The leftover powder was once again funneled back into the container, using a paper funnel. I then returned to the hairdryer in the room, and melted the powder onto the paper.


The result was a more glossy, slightly embossed stamp, rather than merely a green one, as would be the case otherwise. This then are the two ways in which to do embossed stamping.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/4jkazFp8FAg


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment