Search This Blog

Monday 4 March 2019

Product Review: Giotto Turbo Markers

For today's blog we will be testing two sets of markers from a brand I am completely unfamiliar with. These are Giotto Turbo Glitter Markers and Giotto Turbo Dobble Markers. I check the vibrancy of their colours, whether or not they bleed, if they are water-soluble, and so forth. These are relatively cheap markers to buy, making them a good investment for anyone who like to venture into the marker-related arts.


I was pleasantly impressed with the colours and how wet the markers were.


I then used a straw to blow hard on the tips of the markers. This produced a lovely ink spray on the page.


Then I drew a simple flower on the page and painted it with water. The ink was fairly soluble. It would be more so on a more plastic background, or a treated background.


When I wetted my ruler, I found the ink to be very paintable after I drew a line with the wet ruler.


I also mixed some colours with the spray technique.


The colours also layered well.


The results of the Giotto Turbo Glitter markers.


A couple of days later, I came across the Giotto Turbo Dobble markers. These have a fine tip on one end and a thicker tapered bullet point on the other end.


The colours were still beautifully vibrant.


I made a mark on the paper and found the ink to be very paintable with water.


These markers could also be sprayed by blowing through a straw.


I used the fine point to draw a flower on the page.


I then found a plastic watercolour palette and scribbled on it with red and yellow.


I used my aqua brush to mix orange from the scribbles.


I then managed to paint the centre of the flower with the mixed orange.


I added a blue scribble.


This time I mixed a purple.


I painted the petals of the flower with this mixed purple.


An overview of the test results.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/b8pYggrg6zk


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment