Search This Blog

Thursday 28 February 2019

Cardmaking: Watercolours - Yellow Peonies

For this blog, I show you step by step how to paint yellow peonies in watercolours. Then I once again turn this tiny painting into a card. This time I use some flower embellishments to finish the card.


I start on a sturdy sheet of watercolour paper with a medium sized brush. I wet my watercolour palette before I start to soften the paint. My paper is only A6 size.


I stand the brush on its tip to form the petal.


Then I put it down.


I paint one petal darker than the rest.


Then I add some red, which turn more orange when it mixes with the yellow.


Then I add some blueish purple, but it also turns warmer when it mixes with the other colours.


I paint the stem of the flower with the tip of my brush.


I paint some more flowers in the same way. Some of my flowers are allowed to run off the page.


I then lay down some orange lines to start the painting of a bee. I once again work on the tip of my brush.


Touching the tip of my brush very lightly to the page, I finish the bee in black.


I then paint the background with water, before dipping my brush in blue paint and washing this into the painting.


I switch to a smaller brush to write my name.


The finished painting.


I find coordinating paper and cardboard to turn the painting into a card.


Fold the cardboard in half to form a card.


Crop the matting paper and the painting to the required sizes.


Stick the painting to the matting paper.


Stick the matted painting to the card.


Glue some flower embellishments onto the card.


Add some sparkly bling to the plain flowers.


Decorate the plain flowers with a black marker.


Add some highlights with a white paint marker.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/B3IP6EfQeio


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment