Search This Blog

Monday 18 February 2019

Cardmaking - Watercolours & Ink: Blue Flowers

Today we once again use a combination of watercolours and ink to produce a painting of flowers. We also use the drip technique again. However, this time we control the whole process a little more and we also make use of splattering to finish the painting. When we are done, we again turn it into a card.


I start this project by dripping three drops of water onto a sheet of sturdy watercolour paper. I manipulate the drops with my finger resemble flowers. Then I drop some blue ink onto the water puddles.


I let the ink dry completely before adding stems with a dip pen and black ink.


I add detail to the petals and centres of the flowers. I sign my name while I'm at it.


Then I use a very wet brush to pick up colour from my water palette. I splatter blue paint over the paper.


I add more splatters of paint in another shade of blue.


More splatters are added in black.


Lastly, I add white splatters from a tube of watercolour paint.


The finished painting.


When I search for coordinating papers to turn the painting into a card, I find a pre-cut frame that will work beautifully with this painting. I also find a sheet of cardboard to serve as a card.


I fold the cardboard in half to form the card.


I crop the painting to fit the frame.


I stick the frame onto the painting.


I then ink the edges of the frame.


I stick the frame with the painting onto the card.


Then I lay down a row of glue dots at the top of the card.


I stick some glitzy finishing touches onto the card.


The finished card.


You can watch a short compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/CPitRZOlpKA


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment