Search This Blog

Saturday 2 February 2019

Using Gelatos to Create a Painting

Not too long ago, I did a product review of Faber-Castell's Gelatos. Even though I found that I already had other products in my stash that compared well with Gelatos, I still enjoyed working with these and they passed the rigorous testing with flying colours. Even though this blog follows a while after the testing, the truth is that I sat down the very next day to paint a watercolour painting with my set of Gelatos. I show you how I did this in today's blog.


I started with a heavy sheet of A4 sized paper, and a watersoluble grey drawing pencil.


I made a very quick sketch of the impressionist flowers I wanted to paint.


I then applied the Gelatos dry to the paper. I did not have a muted colour to use on the background and decided to use the grey pencil I had done the drawing with, to colour the background.


I then used a round Aqua Brush and a flat brush to paint the Gelatos and pencil with water, retaining quite a bit of the white paper.


The finished painting. I found the Gelatos an absolute delight to paint with. The colours diluted very willingly with water, making this a very quick and easy watercolour painting.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/OQTqeVULjBk


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment