Search This Blog

Monday 4 February 2019

Art Journal: Life's Baggage

Today I was contemplating the burdens we carry with us through life. I especially thought about the words we take with us, spoken by others about us and over our lives. And I wondered why it was so much easier for us to cart the baggage of the naysayers around rather than those who spoke positively into our lives. I decided to develop this idea in today's art journal entry.


I start the journal entry on black paper with a white pencil.


I draw the luggage rack of a bicycle with a basket of flowers in the journal. Then I spray it with fixative to keep it from smudging.


I use a gold pencil to journal a quick thought:
"If you are going to cart baggage around through life, make it something pretty."


I then used soft pastels to colour the bicycle.


I used soft pastels to colour the basket of flowers as well.


I again sprayed fixative over everything to prevent smudging.


The completed layout.


You can watch a short compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/Ft90_8Da05g


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment