Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Cardmaking - Watercolours & Ink: Pansy

Today I show you how to paint a close-up of a single pansy with a combination of watercolours and ink. We start off by stretching our paper for this painting. When we are done, we once again turn the painting into a card to be saved for a special occasion.


Use masking tape to secure your watercolour paper to your surface.


I use a watercolour grey pencil to draw the outline of the flower. I start at the centre of the flower.


Then I fill in the detail for the petals.


I pain the area that will be painted first with water, before painting it with the ink. This I do throughout the painting, as it helps to restrict the very liquid ink to the desired space, without flowing into other areas.


I paint all the desired areas with Dala Acrylic Ink in Violet.


Then I add lighter shades of violet with my watercolours.


I add Process Yellow ink to the centre of the flower.


Then I paint all of the white areas with white ink. This is not strictly necessary, but I like doing this, as some of the pain on my brush will mix with the white ink, making it slightly muddy and less monotone than the white paper would be.


I sign my name in violet ink with a dip pen.


The finished painting.


I now find coordinating paper and cardboard to turn the painting into a card.


Fold the cardboard in half to form a card.


Crop the matting paper and the painting to the required sizes.


Ink the edges of the painting.


Stick the painting to the matting and then ink the edges of the matting.


Stick the matting to the card.


The finished card.


You can watch a short compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/3DfH7oms5N8


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment