Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Painting A Nude In Acrylics

While I was working on yesterday's abstract nude, I was also painting a more realistic version, at the same time. I decided to keep the backgrounds similar, but to change my tactics and style completely when it came to the figures themselves. For this painting, I paid much more attention to the detail of the lines, and to getting the light and shadows just right.


I once again started on a wooden box canvas.


This was given two coats of gesso and allowed to dry completely.


I found a line drawing on Pinterest to inspire me and drew a similar figure on the canvas with charcoal.


I used a variety of warm and cold colours to paint the background.


I did not mix the colours on the palette, but rather mixed it on the canvas.


I used a variety of colours to paint the rich skin tones.


Keeping this nude more realistic, I paid closer attention to where the light would fall on the figure, and which parts would be clad in shadow.


I repeated the colours I already had on the palette when I painted the hair.


The completed painting.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment