Search This Blog

Thursday 19 April 2018

Cardmaking: Using Your Colouring Pages

If you have been destressing with adult colouring, like I have, then you probably also have a rather large collection of colouring pages or books cluttering up your life. I like to turn my pages into practical objects that can bring to joy to others, as they have already served this purpose in my own life. In today's blog, I share a couple of ideas for turning your colouring pages into cards in just a few short steps.


This card was created by sticking the coloured page onto an A3 cardboard folded in half. Shiny tape was stuck all around the edges to frame it. Wooden hearts were then stuck along one edge with rhinesones attached to the hearts.


The card opens up to the top.


This time I again used an A3 sized cardboard, but did not quite fold it in half. I left the bottom 'half' about 1 cm longer than the top. I then stuck the coloured picture down and added green tape to the top of the card.


I also stuck green tape to the bottom page of the card, creating a false illusion of framing, and a nice surprise element when the card is opened.


In this case the picture was so busy and demanded so much attention, that I did not want to distract from it by adding too much. Instead, i carefully chose the colour of the A3 cardboard to support the picture. I only added a row of rhinestones to the bottom to complete the card.


This card also opens to the side.


This time I moved away from the strong colours and used pastel shades. I chose my A3 background to support this. I then framed the picture on three sides with blue tape. On the fourth side, I added stickers of flowers and butterflies. Some of these were stuck down while others were raised with the help of 3D squares. I then finished the card by randomly adding pearly rhinestones to the picture and the stickers. I also drew freehand antennae for the butterfly.


This card opens from the bottom.


This picture was a lot of fun to colour, but slightly boring to use as is. I added blue tape to two of the sides.


I then printed a mermaid from my book  Designs By Miekie 1 to A5 size.


I coloured the body.


Then I coloured the hair.


I used the same colours to colour the tail. I blended with white.


I then cut the mermaid out very carefully.


I mounted her with 3D squares.


The mermaid was stuck in place on top of the card.


This card also opens to the side.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment