Search This Blog

Friday 20 April 2018

Cardmaking: EGGcelent Easter!

This year I found myself in a home that celebrated Easter with very much the same gusto that we celebrate Christmas with. I realized that a card would be in the order of the day, even though this is not a tradition we hold in my family. I had an eggcellent idea for just such a card and sat down to paint one in next to no time.


I used acrylic pad paper as this would be able to withstand the wet ink and watercolour paints. I would use Dala Acrylic Ink in black, with a dip pen.


I cut the page smaller to fit an A4 cardboard, folded in half, i.e. A5 size card.


I drew these very simple eggs on stilted legs with happy mouths and round eyes, using the ink and dip pen.


I then dipped a flat brush in water and painted the grass with the same ink, diluted on the brush with water.


I wetted the watercolour pans with water.


I painted the mouths of the eggs.


Each egg was painted a different colour.


The eyes and legs were painted black. Leave small white dots in each eye to reflect light. This will make the eyes appear alive.


Painting the legs.


Wash the background in blue.


Make a speech bubble that has all the eggs speaking in chorus, saying, "Have an EGGcellent Easter!"


Use double-sided tape to attach the painting to the card.


The card is now finished, aside from the message on the inside.


Remember that the message on the inside of the card is as deserving of your attention as the outside is, if not more so.


A joyful Easter indeed!


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment