Search This Blog

Sunday 5 June 2016

Laying Out & Cutting Out a Layered Top

Today we venture one step deeper into the world pf sewing when we make a slightly more adventurous top than in the previous blog. This is still a very easy pattern to sew. It has only a few more things to look out for, but I walk you through them step by step and in no time you will have a lovely layered top to add to your wardrobe. In today's blog we lay the pattern out on the fabric and then we cut it out. In a following blog we will sew it.


The top I am making today requires me to work with a stretch fabric.


Studying the pattern variations, I decide on D. I follow the guide to find the pattern numbers included in this variation.


I then find the pattern pieces with the corresponding numbers.


I decide which pieces to make from the two different fabric options.


I lay the first pieces out on the fabric. One piece needs to be cut out once, but I fold it double instead and cut it on the fold.


I needed to adjust my pattern to accommodate a larger size. I suggest you do not attempt this if you are new to sewing.


The remainder of my pattern pieces were cut from the variant fabric. In a following blog I will show you how to sew this fabulous top.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy her books here: You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to this blog and receive regular updates by email by simply registering your email address at the top of the current blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment