Search This Blog

Sunday 29 May 2016

Laying Out & Cutting Out a Pair of Pants

We use a very simple pattern for making pants in today's blog. I then show you how to lay the pattern out on your fabric before we cut it out. In a following blog I will show you how easy it is to sew your own pants.


Vogue pattern are notoriously intricate. However the pants that we will be making in this blog are extremely easy and void of any intricate zippers and fastenings.


The pattern variation I will be making is F.


I identify the pattern pieces I will need to cut the pants as numbers 20, 21 and 22.


I lay the trousers out as I would if this was all I was going to make.


However, I am also cutting a top from the same fabric and in reality I lay both patterns out on the fabric before cutting.


I need to move my fabric up to lay out the final pattern pieces.


Then I am finally ready to cut out the fabric.


I need to cut 4 pieces for the pockets and therefore need to lay out this pattern piece a second time. Pay attention to these exceptions in pattern pieces. Most pieces are cut out on the fold or only two pieces. Sometimes you need only one piece, and sometimes 4 or even more. In a following blog I will show you how to sew these pants.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy her books here: You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to this blog and receive regular updates by email by simply registering your email address at the top of the current blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment