Search This Blog

Monday 8 February 2016

Making Delicious Welsh Rarebit

I had already left school when I was introduced to Welsh Rarebit the first time. I was hooked. This was something I simply had to know more about. Eventually I developed my own version of a flavourful Welsh Rarebit and this is what I share with you today. It must be one of the quickest meals to produce when you've no time on your hands.


You will need: Grated Cheddar Cheese, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Cake Flour, Mustard, Crushed Chilies, Worcestershire Sauce, Cream and Milk.


Melt 50 g butter in a saucepan.


Add 2 heaped tablespoons of cake flour to the butter, browning the flour.


Whisk the flour into the melted butter.


Remove from the heat. Add a teaspoonful of salt.


Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.


Add half a teaspoon of crushed chilies.


Add a tablespoonful of Worcestershire sauce.


Add a huge tablespoon of mustard. I use the mustard I told you about in a previous blog, but you can use any mustard of your choice, if you do not have this at hand.


Add 150 ml full cream.


Add about 1 1/2 cups milk.


Whisk everything together on the stove top.


The sauce will begin to thicken.


Add a cup of grated cheese.


Whisk until all of the cheese is melted into the sauce.


Serve on top of toast. I served mine on a home-baked sourdough bread, adding to the flavours by adding a flavourful bread as base. Rye bread will also be a brilliant choice for this dish.


For more crafty ideas and great products, visit APrettyTalent.com.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to this blog and receive regular updates by email by simply registering your email address at the top of the current blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment