Search This Blog

Saturday 22 June 2019

Cardmaking: Friendship

Today I continue the mini blog series on colouring by incorporating yet more mediums and techniques in my colouring project. I once again choose a themed page from my colouring book to colour with a variety of pens, pencils, markers and crayons, before turning it into a card. The theme for today's card is friendship.


I took today's picture from this colouring-in book.


I removed the picture along the perforated lines before I started the project.


I used Mont Marte Colouring Markers to colour the tea cup. These markers have a brush tip. How does this compare to the more expensive Faber Castell Pitt Pens with brush tips? These tips are very soft and easily damaged, where as the Faber Castell is durable and allows for more accurate colouring, because the tips do not bend or split as easily.


I used some metallic pens to add bling to the cup.


I then used a combination of Mont Marte and Faber Castell Pitt pens with brush tip to colour the teapot. I also used a metallic pen to add some sparkle.


I used the metallic pens to outline the wording and to colour the flowers spouting from the teapot.


I used Croxley Gel Pens to colour flowers and embellishments surrounding the teacup.


I then cut the design elements from the page.


I folded an A4 sheet of cardboard in half to form a card.


I then scribbled some Gelatos onto a plastic palette and sprayed some water on it to make it more soluble.


I picked this up on a paper towel and gently dabbed the picture with it, being careful not to smudge the water-soluble inks from the gel pens.


I used double-sided tape to fix the pictures to the card, allowing the teacup to transcend the edges of the card.


I then used a white Croxley Gel pen and  black Faber Castell Pitt Pen with a medium tip to outline the wording, which I stuck to the inside of the card.


What the inside of the card looked like when I was done.


The completed card. Notice the frame and outline of the pictures here as well.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/gBOSTuGHniE


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment