Search This Blog

Friday 21 June 2019

Cardmaking: The day God has made

I am still happily busy colouring and having fun turning these colouring projects into cards. The idea behind this mini blog series is to show how one can incorporate a number of colouring materials and mediums into a single project. I use pens, pencils and crayons together when colouring today's picture with a theme that honours God for having made this special day.


I took the picture from this book.


This is the picture which appealed to me for the project.


I removed the picture from the book by tearing along the perforation, before I started.


I started by cutting the picture and the words out.


I also salvaged the background butterflies.


I then used Faber Castell Pitt Pens with brush tips to colour the butterfly. I used a metalic pen to colour the body of the butterfly.


I used Giotto Turbo Markers to colour the vegetation.


I then touched the background with a Faber Castell Gelatos stick and used a wet wipe to apply very gentle colour to the background.


Then I used a straw to blow on a Giotto Glitter Marker to colour the remaining flowers very subtly.


I used the same method to add some red bling to the wings of the butterfly.


I folded an A4 sheet of cardboard in half to create a card and used double-sided tape to fix the coloured picture to the card.


I used a Faber Castell Pitt pen with a small point to draw a stitch line around the picture.


I twisted the wings of one of the discarded butterflies around a rounded tool to give the wings some dimension.


Then I glued the body of the butterfly down in one corner of the card.


I glued the wording and the remaining butterflies to the inside of the card.


I came back afterwards and drew black stitch lines around the wording as well, which gave it a more finished appearance.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/7e1LMiCTG4U


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment