Search This Blog

Thursday 20 June 2019

Cardmaking: Focus on God

In today's blog I have a lot of fun with my colouring materials and mediums. In this and a couple of upcoming blogs, I show you how to incorporate a number of pens, pencils and crayons into your colouring projects to make them more fun and to allow certain elements to 'pop' on the page. I then turn these colouring projects into fun cards. The theme for today's project is focusing on God.


I take my pages from this book that I bought at a secondhand book store in Clarens.


I remove the page I wish to use from the book. This is easy to do as the pages have been perforated for this purpose.


I start by using my Giotto Glitter Markers to colour the wording.


When using the Giotto Glitter Markers, be aware of the fact that they do bleed the page rather profusely.


I then use a Faber Castell Gelato stick to blend the colours. I use it dry, using a paper towel to blend the Gelatos with.


The yellow did not achieve the desired effect and I switched to orange. This was much better.


I then used a red Giotto Glitter Marker and, blowing on the tip with a straw, I sprayed some of the red ink onto the coloured area.


I then used Croxley retractable wax crayons to colour the camera. This is the inexpensive crayons that youngsters use in school.


I use a paper towel to blend my colouring. I zoomed in here so that you could see the difference between blended crayon (left) versus unblended crayon (right).


I coloured the rest of the camera with the crayons as well.


I then used Croxley Gel Pens to colour the bird sitting on top of the camera.


I used a craft knife to carefully cut out the different elements on the page.


I liked the elements that remained on the page, but it would be too tedious and time consuming to cut these out.


The hearts could still be retrieved and I dotted these with a glue pen.


I then waited for the liquid glue to become tacky, before laying a sheet of foil on top of the hearts. Rub down hard on the foil with a nail or a tool of your choice.


Pull the foil sheet away and you will have hearts with a bit of bling.


I did this to all of the hearts in the page.


Then I folded an A4 sheet of cardboard in half to form a card.


I edged the card with Faber Castell Gelatos, using it dry.


Then I blended the Gelatos with a wet wipe.


Once dry, I used  a black Giotto Turbo Marker to reproduce the frame that was on the original colouring-in sheet.


I used double-sided tape to fix the coloured images to the card.


I then drew the remaining elements that I had previously discarded onto the card with my Giotto Turbo Marker.


Next, I cut the hearts from the page.


I glued these randomly onto the card.


The finished product.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/90NQIYEhI_g


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment