Search This Blog

Sunday 23 June 2019

Cardmaking: Hope Prevails

Today sees the last of the blogs in the mini series on colouring. I am still using a variety of colouring mediums, but today's blog has a twist. I use foil to colour a large part of this drawing. I do not use a heat method, although that is the normal way of applying foil. I show you how to do this in today's blog. The theme for this blog is hope prevails. I once again turn the picture into a card when I am done.


I once more use this book to find a picture to colour.


I remove the picture from the book before I start.


I use three shades of gold metallic pens to colour the anchor. Make small concentric circles or short criss-cross lines when colouring with a ball point pen, to prevent it looking to linear.


I used a Faber Castell Pitt pen and a Mont Marte colouring marker to colour the banner. Both of these pens have brush tips. I then used a metallic pen to outline the words in gold.


I then used a glue pen to cover the rest of the elements on the page, a small batch at a time.


I left the glue to get tacky before covering it with a sheet of foil.


Rub down on the foil before lifting it away. The results look like this.


I did this with the whole page.


I then cut a small piece of Faber Castell Gelatos from a Gelatos stick.


I transferred the Gelatos to a spray bottle and added some water. Then I shook it vigorously to dissolve the Gelatos.


I sprayed this to the background of the page.


Fold an A3 sheet of cardboard in half to form a card.


Trim an A4 sheet of cardboard to fit on the card.


Trim the coloured page to fit on the black cardboard.


Use double-sided tape to matt the sheets on the card.


I used a gold Croxley gel pen to frame the card.


I drew a second frame with a black Faber Castell Pitt pen with a small tip.


Then I stuck photo corner stickers onto the four corners of the coloured-in picture.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/vPcVkowmXUw


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment