Search This Blog

Sunday 30 June 2019

Card Making Embossing & Die Cutting Cute Button

For today's blog, I use a number of smaller die-cut elements to combine into a small card for a baby or small child. We are still embossing and die-cutting, but seeing if there is any use for the smaller dinky dies, if it is not used in conjunction with bigger elements. This is a very quick and easy project.


I use my Sizzix machine to cut a number of buttons with the X-Cut Mini Dies.


I fold a small sheet of blue cardboard in half to form card.


I then use stickers to add the word 'Cute' to the card.


I use a rub-on alpahbet to add the words 'as a' to the card.


I then cut a bright yellow frame from carboard.


I glue the frame to the card with Tombow glue.


I want some buttons to be raised, and others not. So I use a combination of 3D squares and glue to adhere them to the card, sticking them inside the frame.


The completed card. Sadly, the bad lighting makes the stickers disappear a little.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/DsjGy3a3QHg


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment