Search This Blog

Friday 28 June 2019

Card Making: Embossing & Die Cutting 4 Someone Special

I am still fooling around with my die cutting and embossing machines that need to be cranked by hand, and I am having a ball with them. In today's blog, I use autumn colours to create a card for someone special. Even though I start on a very intense blue, this colour disappears behind the overwhelming autumn colours late on in the process. I once again use some inking to enhance the elements. Let me show you how to do somehing similar yourself with this blog.


I use this leave design embossing folder by Kaizer Ctafts to emboss a piece of blue cardboard.


I crop the embossed sheet to size.


I use Ranger Archival Ink to ink the raised embossed images.


I fold a yellow A4 sheet of cardboard in half to form a card.


I use a darker yellow cardboard to cut a frame for my embossed sheet.


I ink the frame with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink.


I cut some embellishments with my Sizzix, using X-Cut Dinky Dies.


I cut more embellishments from the darker yellow cardboard as well.


I use a sponge dauber to ink the flowers with Archival Ink by Ranger.


I use a finer dauber to ink the stems and leaves.


I use the stamp pad itself to ink the larger leaves.


I then use double-sided tape to secure the pieces together and to the card.


I use 3D double-sided squares to secure the smaller embellishments to the card, so that they appear raised and dimensional.


My card now looks like this.


I use photo corner stickers on the corners of the frame.


I then use Tombow Glue to glue some wooden lady bugs to the side of the card.


I have some printed die cut sentiments to use on the card.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/Ej95x5lq4XU


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment