Search This Blog

Saturday 19 October 2019

Jewelry Making: Pink & Green Beads on a Hoop

Today I am going to show you how to make a necklace, using memory wire. I decided to have some fun and added spokes to run out from the hoop. When I counted this afterwards, I realized that I now had eight of these and very appropriately dubbed it my spider necklace. I also made a pair of earrings to match it. This is a very quick and easy project that you can finish in no time.


I bought these fun and inexpensive beads and was antsy to use them.


The spikes would be mounted on head pins.


I strung the beads onto the head pins as shown.


I then made a round loop at each end.


My green collection.


My pink collection.


I then cut a piece of memory wire to the desired length.


I looped the one end.


I strung the beads onto the memory wire and looped the other end.


I fixed a length of chain to the ends with jump rings.


I also added a lobster clamp and jump ring to the centre back of the necklace.


The completed necklace alongside the fabric i was making a matching outfit from.


I strung a green and pink set as well as a length of chain to a jump ring.


I slipped the jump ring into a French Hook.


In no time at all, I had this lovely set to boast with.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/OSIR131lwWc


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment