Search This Blog

Monday 28 October 2019

Card Making: Guidance

It is time to make yet another card, and this time we do some coffee staining to make it a little more interesting. This card is one that we can give to someone in need of some encouragement, as a reminder that God is always there to show the way and provide the guidance we so desperately need in life. We finish this card with some lovely Washi Tape.


We start the card on one of these index cards.


I add a couple of teaspoonfuls of instant coffee to a small amount of water. The more coffee you add, the darker the coffee stains will be.


I paint the index card with the coffee.


When the card is dry, I mess a little coffee on a contained space.


I dip my own coffee cup in the coffee mess.


I use the bottom of my coffee cup to stamp some coffee rings on the card.


I allow these to dry as well.


I then use an old toothbrush to spatter some coffee droplets onto the index card. I try to get both smaller and bigger droplets on the card. I then tilt the card a little to create runs as well.


I then use a stamp to stamp the image of a book onto the card. For this I use Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


I sprinkle some embossing powder over the stamped image.


I shake off the excess powder and then hit the embossing powder with a heat gun.


I then use a Pigma Brush tip pen to create the illusion of writing in the stamped image of a book.


I also draw a frame around the card.


Then I write the sentiment on the card.


Finally, I use Tombow glue to glue some coffee beans to the card.


The index card is now complete and ready to be mounted to a card.


I use an A4 sheet of white cardboard as the card.


I use a bone folder to fold the cardboard in half to form the card.


I then find some pretty paper to matt the index card on in my Reflections paper pad.


I use a Dala Craft Knife and metal ruler to crop the matting paper to the desired size.


I use double-sided tape to glue all the pieces together.


I then finish the card with a selection of Washi Tapes.


I trim the edges of the tape.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/hgwQVQC8aJ8


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment