Search This Blog

Friday 11 October 2019

Jewelry Making: Maternal Necklace

We have not made jewelry in a while here on A Pretty Talent. I was very excited to purchase a number of beads and findings on one of my recent shopping sprees. Actually, I found the shop owners very accommodating. I could not make my way there until the weekend, and they were happy to open their shop for a friend and myself, if we were willing to spend a minimum amount. This amount proved no challenge and, as a result, I get to show you how to make this cute necklace with its maternal pendant.


I wished to present this necklace as a gift to a friend whose children are very important to her. This pendant seemed appropriate, as she is also a woman of faith.


I started by packing out the beads on a bead board to see if the pattern worked out.


I decided to add lengths of chain between the beads.


The beads would be strung on nylon cord.


Each grouping of beads were strung on a length of nylon.


I then slipped a crimp bead onto the end of the nylon, followed by a jump ring, before slipping the nylon cord back through the crimp ring.


I used my pliers to crimp the crimp bead shut.


Each completed group of beads ended up looking like this.


With all of the groups of beads made, I was ready to add the lengths of chain in between.


I cut lengths of chain to the desired length.


Then I slipped the chains into the jump rings at the ends of the beads.


I this way, I connected the groups of beads together.


The pendant was connected to two jump rings and then to the centre chain.


This concluded the maternal necklace project.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/wlE1Krg4AkQ


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment