Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 October 2019

Card Making: Exemplary Living

We are making yet another card specifically aimed at teenagers today. This time it is one that is meant to inspire an already inspirational young soul. Many teens today are activists on bigger or smaller scale, sacrificing time and effort on behalf of others, or our planet. Today's card is in recognition of such actions, and to motivate them to continue their efforts - reinforcing the idea that it is not going unnoticed.


We start the card on one of these index cards.


I then use my Sharpie Markers to colour diagonally across the card.


When I get about halfway, I change direction.


All of the warm colours run in one direction, while the cold colours run in the opposite direction.


I then cut coordinating paper in rectangles.


I put a tag die in the Sizzix cutting plates.


I run the papers through the Sizzix.


Next, I sandwich the tags between the accompanying Sizzix embossing folder.


This is what the tags look like when I am done.


I stencil a pattern onto the tags with a sponge dauber and Ranger's Adirondack ink pads.


I use different colours for the stenciling.


More colours are added.


Even more colours are added.


I then tape the tags in place with double-sided tape.


I use an eyelet setter by Memory Keepers to set en eyelet in the tags.


To to this, you need to put an eyelet in the hole. then position the eyelet setter on the wrong side over the eyelet.


Hammer the back of the eyelet setter lightly to set the eyelet in place.


I then ran some ribbon through the eyelet.


I added more double-sided tape to secure the tags to the index card.


I used a Faber Castell True Gel pen to write the sentiment on the card.


I then made a fabric flower from petals secured with a spit pin.


I glued this to the card with Tombow glue.


The index card was not done.


I decided to mount this on plain white cardboard.


I used a bone folder to fold an A4 sheet of cardboard in half.


I matted the index card on black paper.


I used Washi tape to add a border for the card.


That was all that was needed to make this fun card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/GXE6qKSN1xg


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment