Search This Blog

Monday 7 October 2019

Card Making: Celebrating New Ventures

We are approaching the season of celebrations. We celebrate achievements, having made it through the year, Christmas, and starting off on new ventures, after completing others. Today's card is for celebrating those who have the courage to set off on new ventures and gather new memories. I show you how to stencil with impasto and so much more. Enjoy making this fun card with me!


I start the project on these index cards.


I paint the blank side of the card roughly with Bianjo Acrylic Paint.


I mix some more Bianjo Acrylic Paint with Dala Acrylic Texture Paste.


I lay a stencil over the index card.


I use a palette knife to lather the impasto mixture onto the stencil.


I carefully remove the stencil and leave the paste to dry.


I use some rubber stamps and Ranger Archival Ink t stamp a couple of images on the card.


The index card is now completed.


I matt the index card onto plain white card stock.


I use double-sided tape to adhere the pieces together.


I then fold a blue A4 sheet of cardboard in half with a bone-folder to create a card.


I add more stamps. This time the stamps are from Creative Talents and the ink pad from Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


I use a Chizwick stamp block to stamp with.


I use yet another stamp set by Creative Talents.


I also add a special stamp at the back of the card.


This is just to say the card is made with love.


I use a Rolfes Metallic Pen to draw a frame around the index card.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/1JzXfmE1Aqw


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment