Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 October 2019

Jewelry Making: Blue Necklace & Earrings

In today's blog, we are going to be making some very easy jewelry pieces. We make a simple strung beaded necklace with a pair of matching earrings to compliment any ensemble. I wanted to make a blue set, but show you how I carefully selected complimenting colours that would offset the blue focal beads.


I choose a pale blue bead, a black one, and a clear crystal bead to offset my blue focal beads.


I string these with some simple plain white seed beads.


I string the beads on a length of 3 mm wire.


The first step is to string the beads.


I then put some fasteners on jump rings.


I attach the jump rings to the wire, using crimp beads.


Flatten the crimp beads.


The fastener is now attached.


The completed necklace.


The blue beads need to be the focal point of my earrings as well.


I decide how I would like to string these.


I will use pin heads for the earrings.


I string the earrings.


Then I use pliers to bend the ends into rounds and I slip some jump rings in there.


I will attach some earring hooks to these.


I open the earring hooks and slip the jump rings in before closing them again.


The completed earrings.


I've made this set to match an outfit made from this fabric.


The completed set.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/A5QG4LFUcc4


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment