Search This Blog

Saturday 20 July 2019

School Holiday Project - Making a 3D Card

It has been school holidays a couple of weeks ago and I spent a little time with my nieces and nephews when visiting the family. They always love doing crafts on these occassions and I was roped in to help. I did not have much with me, but we did manage to make some fun 3D cards. I show you how to do something similar with your own kids in today's blog.


I started with a blank A4 sized cardboard in white.


This was folded in half to form a card.


We then found some craft paper to use in our projects.


The papers were cut down to size.


Not having double-sided tape, we used glue to paste down the layers of paper.


Another layer was pasted in place.


I cut some shapes out of this paper with its bigger designs.


I tried the layout before glueing anything down.


We then found some mounting tape that we could use to give the card a 3D appearance.


The mounting tape was cut to fit the pieces.


Everything was then pasted in place.


My nephew had some neon colour pens to add accents to the card and I used a ruler to draw margins around the card.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/fLp3wJSRAsM


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment